@downey Many of us knew these folks existed. My experiences with them have included the following:
1. Being called a "bad soldier" for not supporting some action RMS wanted to do during a protest.
2. Seeing someone from the above mentioned group on TV as part of a study on cults
3. I talked about some problematic stuff by the SFLC and was called a Microsoft shill and other such names
4. One Free Software supporter I met in the early 2000s told me that he went into the phone book and cold called people to talk to them about Free Software
5. Another Free Software supporter I met in DC told me he called offices of Congresspeople and told them they should switch to Linux
These kinds of actions don't progress our movement forward. I pointed out the problematic behavior to RMS who said that he was glad they existed because they made him seem more moderate.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!